WHOOOOOOO LORDY, Game of Thrones is BACK, and the world has gone bonkers. Has there ever been a show in the history of television as wildly popular as Game of Thrones? Has there ever been a television program that caused such mass hysteria? We had to set ground-rules at work about viewing times, when we’re allowed to talk about it, and what social media sites we’re allowed to check in the presence of those who watch the show. WARRANTED.
Not a lot happened in the first episode, but it was still wildly satisfying, wasn’t it? We got to check in with the team; see who’s scheming, who’s sexing, who’s getting head-butted, who’s reuniting, and who’s being a psychic emo robot weirdo who just stares all day, every so often spewing cryptic and dark one-liners.
Bran has become a melodramatic Debby Downer. It’s so wildly extra, and I LOVE IT.
If you’ve read my recap through reactions before, you know that I usually wait until the season is finished, binge it, and send my reactions to my pal (which I then compile and post). HOWEVER, there’s no way I can do that for the FINAL season. The internet won’t let me. Everything would be spoiled. It would be madness!
This season I’m trying something new. So, without further ado, I present to you my reactions to the first instalment of this zany adventure.
- Sassy Sansa is my FAVOURITE.
Girl has sass for days. I remember a time when I disliked her very much, and honestly could NOT care what happened to her. Now I’m ride or die for that fiery vixen, and I don’t care who knows it. Tyrian’s line to her about how everyone underestimated her, and now she’s a FREAKING BOSS was pretty great, because it’s very true.
“Last we saw each other was at Joffrey’s wedding. Gruesome affair.”
“It had its moments.”
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA FOR ETERNITY.
- “What is dead may never die.” Leave it to the Greyjoys to have a catchphrase that sounds pretty cool, but when examined is 100% nonsensical.
- I like the fellow who was a former employee of Stannis. What’s his name? I could look it up, but… anyway, I like him, and I’m glad he’s still around.
- The dragon creepin’ on Jon and Dany smooching… LOL forever.
- You guys, do we know where Hot Pie is? Is he okay? Is he safe? I worry.
- So we can have an 18 minute dragon-flying montage, but no Brienne of Tarth. HUH.
- Wouldn’t Bran have known that Sam’s dad and brother were burned alive by Dany’s dragons? Maybe he could have given him a heads up.
- Speaking of, I love that Sam is everyone’s little buddy. You know what I mean? You know what I mean.
- Bran “waiting for an old friend”… *slow clap*
- This is the song I spoke of.
- I’m in South Korea, so the time difference is VERY inconvenient for television watching. Social media MUST be avoided at all costs.
- Fun fact: the very first post I ever did was “Toni Watches Game of Thrones” (on tv.com 7 years ago), which is how the Toni Watches handle was born.
OKAY THANKS FOR COMING TO MY WIERD PARTY! See you next week I guess!